Friday, May 20, 2011

Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine Needle Positions

Although I have only been using this machine for a short while, I feel really comfortable with it and as I have always been mechanically inclined, I understand how it works. As a manager in my work, I often teach new employees how to perform tasks so I am also comfortable in teaching. So this is for my new friend who also bought a Bond Ultimate Sweater Machine and needs a little help understanding needle positions. The best way to do this is with pictures.

This is the non-working position.
The non-working position is for needles that are not being used in the pattern or at least not being used in the present part of the pattern. The nub at the back of the needle is all the way back to the rear of the knitting bed.


Working position.
The working position is where the tip of the needle is at the foremost edge of the bed.

Forward working position.

You can tell the forward working position because the latch of the needle when open is right at the forward edge of the knitting bed. When using the "yellow card" the needles will line up in this position. You must have the needle latches OPEN at this position when you begin to knit -- otherwise you might have all your knitting land on the floor.

Holding position
When the needles are as far forward as possible, this is holding position. Any yarn on these needles will not knit when the carriage is passed across the knitting bed.

1 comment:

Rochella Shiane said...

I truly appreciate this information. Just started using the Ultimate Sweater Machine and really wanted to know how the needles worked. Thanks so much.